Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 2: Encouragement Is An Amazing Motivator

Day 2 has been packed full of information. We have learned the basics of marketing auctions, different types of auctions and auction practices. We are being taught by some of the best auctioneers in the country. Even after being in the auction industry for so long myself, I am learning new things and gathering insights from these successful auction veterans.

How is my bid calling going? Our class is really becoming an encouraging team. We all cheer each other on, and when one stumbles, we all encourage that person. Each one of us has to work on different things, but the point is, we all have work to do. We have all been humbled. Therefore, the playing field is even, and we all want each other to succeed.

Each time I stand before the group, I am feeling more and more at ease. All from my fellow classmates encouraging me, through clapping, cheering and supportive words. Our instructors promised this would happen, and it has!

I have been taking audio recordings of each time I call a bid, so I can work on things and improve. I wish I had taken videos of each one of us on the first day, to show on our graduation. In only 1 day, we have already improved a great deal. I am excited to see where we will be by next Sunday!

Good night! I need my sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment