Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 7: He Is Here!

My guy got here today! I was so excited to see Brent today! I still miss my girls, but it is great to have my guy here.

Today, I almost had a meltdown. I woke up exhausted and done. Then, as we began work on our chants, Jim Sample arrived. He is a close friend of Brent's, and the reason I am at Auction School. Jim is the current President of the Texas Auctioneers Association, and the leading expert on Texas Auction Law.

As I approached my time, I thought my heart would jump out of my throat knowing Jim was there. Then, I went to the front and nerves won as this "Minnie Mouse" voice took over my body. UGH!!! I can't help but wander if I will ever get this chant thing down!

As I thought about Brent being there, I began to freak out again, so I hit the nerves head on! Tonight, Brent let me practice in front of him, so I could just get it over with. Of course, he was supportive and offered great advice. His best advice, just be yourself!

Will I still be nervous tomorrow? Pretty sure I will be, but it was huge to get it out of the way in front of Brent. Tomorrow will be Brent's classes and the Fun Auction! Maybe tomorrow night I will actually feel some relief.

Good night & I will let you know how the Fun Auction goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment