Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 8: Auction Day!!!!

Today I called the three first items of my life! Mike and Lori Jones host a Fun Auction on the final day to benefit St. Jude's and Scottish Rite Children's Hospitals. Students bring items, and all of the proceeds benefit these two hospitals. I do not know how much money they have raised over the years, but our class raised over $12,000! They have 4 classes a year! Amazing!!!!

So, how was it? Terrifying. A fellow student seemed to sum it up for me. In other instances in front of people,I can practice and know what I am going to say. But, in auctions, nothing is planned and can never be scripted! As long as we have been doing this, no two auctions have ever been the same and they never will be. So, you have to be able to adjust on the fly.

The fact is I did it! I am not sure how great I did, but I did it! This huge monster named Auction Chant was conquered today! I never would have dreamed I could ever do this! I do not have the drive or the desire to ever be a Champion Auctioneer, but I found strength and courage that I did not know I had this week.

I am so ready to see my girls. I am ready for them to see the fruits of my hard work. I am thankful I can appreciate Brent's talents and others like him. I am thankful that I know the courage I needed and that God gave it to me. What a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment