Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 6: "You Are Right...'

That is what Brent told me last night. (yes, I try to account for each time this is said by Brent to me.) It was after I said that I think it is harder to do the chant in front of all of the instructors we know, as opposed to if I did not know anyone.

I have mentioned before that we have been blessed with numerous friends in the auction industry. Well, I either know, or Brent knows, every one of my instructors. Even when I did not know them, they knew I was Brent's wife. So instead of blending in, the instructors know me. No pressure, right?

Today we did a Progress Report with Mike Jones, one on one. This was very intimidating, close to terrifying. Mike is always supportive and positive, so really I made myself terrified. But, let's be honest. Mike is a major influence in our industry. Thankfully he is a great friend too!

In addition to the Progress Report, we had the crucial classes today. Brandon came from Auction Flex, and showed how any auction software makes the auctioneer's life easier. Then, we went through basic accounting, settlement and sales tax for all auctions. The best part is that I keep coming back with ideas to use. Every class has been very beneficial! We can always learn something, and I have learned a lot of ways to do things better when I get home.

Brent will show up tomorrow, and part of me is excited and the other part is uneasy. I cannot wait to see him! At the same, it will be my first time to call bids in front of him, and he will critique us on Saturday. He has been completely supportive, but this whole idea of calling bids in front him is a little unnerving!

I guess we all have unnerving things on a daily basis. We can choose to stop and give up, or choose to keep moving on to see what God has in store for us. In the past, I have given up a lot. I almost gave up on going to Auction School this week, but I never would seen what I can do! I have faced countless fears this week, and walked away stronger. So if nothing else comes from this week, I know I have much more courage than I ever knew! Just a few more days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment